Monday, May 08, 2006

Toronto/Rumpled Bed



OK, this is not Toronto, where I am now, but a spring morning rumpled bed at home of a few weeks ago.

But I am in Toronto now for ten days, without my camera (how could I have forgotten it? and hence the picture from home). Am at a special program for women executives in TV, and am thriving on the inspiration and yes, sista-hood... While I have the lowest position in the group (I'm just a producer, they're all executives) it is the best place to be. We spent an hour with an idol today, Phyllis Yaffe, CEO of AllianceAtlantis, and she had the same start as me, in publishing, and she advocated the taking of risk for one's career--I felt like I was seeing a wise, 63-year old, started-as-a-librarian--ended-as-CEO version of what I could be, any of us could be.

No comments: