Saturday, May 13, 2006

Somedays you eat the bear...

I was in Shopper's today buying Red Bull (*note time stamp on current post) and as I was paying, I heard Charlie Brown's teacher announce that something was 90% off.

I asked the cashier, "What did she say is 90% off?"

"Ice cream." The girl said vapidly.

"Ice cream?" I clarified.

"Ya, we're switching suppliers or something so we have to get rid of it."

I peered back down the aisle. There was a clot of shoppers already aggregating in front of the freezers. I, of course, flew to join them before somebody realized we were robbing them of their frozen confections.

I actually saw a tiny woman with her arms loaded with ice cream from chin to choada, Ichabod Crane-style. She must have bought at least 8 cartons.

2.5L of ice cream. (*Rolo and cookie dough): $1.45
Karma return: Priceless

1 comment:

Matt said...

My freezer would have been full of ice cream.