Thursday, May 11, 2006

No kissing — it's wedding sandwich week

I’m mid-point between two (not kissing) cousin weddings — one down, one to go.

Flashback: It's suddenly last Sunday at 5am.

Mom at 5:00am: Are you awake, Violet? Violet? Are you sleeping? Are you awake? Violet?

Violet at 5:05am: No, mom, I'm sleeping.

Mom at 5:10am: Death, death, death...
Mom at 6:00am: Cancer, cancer, cancer...
Mom at 7:00am: Psychotic illness, treatment... and more death
Mom at 7:15am: Death, cancer, psychosis...
Mom at 8:00am: Scottish country dancing, bunyons
Mom at 8:15am: Violet, are you listening to me? Why aren't you listening to me?

Violet at 8:16am: Because I'm sleeping.

Mom at 8:16am: But I'm trying to have a conversation with you.

Violet at 8:16: You need two people to make a conversation.

Mom at 8:17am: But we're having a conversation. At least, that's what I thought we were having... we never get to talk.

Violet at 8:25am: We? We talk all the time. In fact, we never stop talking. We talk and talk and talk. Can't we just love ourselves in silence. Don't you think our love is strong enough?

Mom at 8:25am: snorts, snuffles, and huffs.

Violet from 8:25: .. __ . _ . ___ >> ::: __ ++ // _

Mom at 8:26am: Well, I guess it's time to take my niacin. These hot flashes are driving me crazy... did you know your aunt had a child out of wedlock? I just found out myself. But her child's dying and she's going to donate her liver. Should we go to Smitty's for breakfast? Maybe we should go to Smitty's for breakfast. What are you going to wear to the wedding? You're going to wear something nice, right. I hope you're going to wear something nice.

Does anyone know where can I get my hands on some good pot cookies, fast... or adavans?

6 comments:

Mata Hari said...

We could always phone Mr. T and have a night of Betty Crocker action...whatdaya say?

Friday?

Violet Chrome said...

Dude. Too late. the Fam is picking me up in the burgundy min-van from hell Friday afternoon.

You may have to help me recouperate post-weekend.

I will have fam-turrets.

Smartbunny said...

OMG, is all I can say. But dude, placing yourself in the SAME BEDROOM as your Ma? I know it seems inevitable, but therein lies the conversational rub, you know? Don't sleep there, it can't happen, etc. etc. Easy for me to say. I know.

I am in a crazy situation myself: over the course of this course I am here for, my dream job has suddenly appeared, due to a colleauge on this program having been promoted, just before we started--and we've bonded, and I love her, she's the real deal, and I think she loves me, and holy fuck, maybe I have to move here... It's almost weird, too good, and can I please bring EVERYONE I love with me, or I will go crazy???? Come, please come. This city is way cooler than I thought. Way.

Violet Chrome said...

you call coco when you're out there. she'll inspire you to stay in the t.dot

Mata Hari said...

You can't all go. What about me? I can't do the 'couver on my own. I won't!

errgh, T.O.... *shakes tiny fist in a generally eastern direction*

Smartbunny said...

If I leave, you're all coming with me.