Thursday, January 19, 2006

rebopper© mindwash

Does anyone else think it's tacky that Reebok - er, make that "RBK" - created a limited edition run of Basquiat-inspired running shoes, sold exclusively at the MOCA? (Apparently not on the web.)

I mean, Basquiat was rather, um, dis/interested in copyright. And now? Should his art live on in a $$$ corporate sneaker?!? It just doesn't feel right.

Behold: here are some of Basquiat's tags. I think they point to why I'm feeling a bit queasy about RBK's Rebopper campaign:

SAMO© as an alternative to mindwash.
SAMO© as a neo art form.
SAMO© as an end to to mindwash religion, nowhere politics and bogus philosophy.
SAMO© as an escape clause.
SAMO© as an end to playing art.
SAMO© as an end to bogus pseudo intellectual. My mouth, therefore an error. Plush safe.. he think.
SAMO© as an alternative 2 playing art with the 'radical chic' sect on Daddy's $ funds.
SAMO© saves idiots.

Who makes the cash? His family? Meh. I doubt it.

SAMO©, would not approve of such a copy-rip-off. Then again, maybe he would be cool with it, as I'm guessing that it's going to be a bevvy of daddy's little boys who will be $uckered by RBK© and MOCA© (then again, SAMO© is supposed to save idiots). But in any case, if SAMO© isn't the one getting paid, I just don't think this campaign is all that cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here here!