Wednesday, January 25, 2006

GB Road Pops


"Ghetto bitch" must be a marketable psychographic (there goes my ICRS )... because Coppola has developed a drink that seems to strategically target us. That's right, I'm totally willing to sell-out to:

Sofia Mini Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine

Sparkling wine ? Fabulous.
In a can? Oh yes - road pops.
Drinking it through a straw? Mmm hmm - It's kitschy, like juice boxes for adults.
Sophia as our patron saint of class-trash? Hells yah, we love her films.
Hot Pink? Of course.

... I'm so sorry Ms. Klein. Most of my life is no logo (minus the Mac 'n' Sony). Going local is the plan - I try not to buy Starbucks, I don't eat McDonalds - but I can't stop myself from fetishizing this brand. I am simply too weak-in-the-knees to fight this brand's power.

1 comment:

Smartbunny said...

Of course you can't fight it, darling V. When I got some of those in my holiday stocking (black fishnet, of course) you and I both fell under the spell of those darling little high-end, jet-trash road pops.

So sparkly, so portable. Kind of like that open champagne bottle in the Mini Cooper with you, on a sunny day in spring, on our way to meet boys at the beach...