Friday, January 27, 2006

Go scan violets you chrome

Chic or schtick, I simply can't think of a smarter (packs light) or cooler (retro design) gift from NYC. Leave it to Valentine to find a candy for Violet, accented with pseudo-chrome. I wonder if I could morph "Choward's" into "Chrome"?

If this shitty-looking box office bomb wasn't coming out, I would have styled myself a retro-superhero, named Violet Chrome. And this would be my ride:


Except that it would have wings, nuclear-turbo engines and maybe a honkin' "Violet" logo on the side (because superheros are never faulted for having a healthy narcissistic streak).

Now, what would my super power be?

Right - I should look on the web for a super quiz. (Oh, lorde? Is that my superpower? Lightening-fast Google fact concatenation? Finds information on anybody and anything anywhere in milliseconds?) Fine. I give. My superhero costume now includes thick, black-rimmed glasses. And my superpower is sucking information out of things — a mind-reader, web-weaver of sorts.

So, I've accepted that Violet Chrome, the superhero, wears nerd-chic super glasses, but my outfit will be way cooler. It will look like one of those square metallic security tags (RFIDs) you find in books, except the copper elements will be a metallic Violet. I'll pull those elements off my suit to jack into systems.

And the dark side is always tempting me to join their side with cooler technology that will let me jack in harder and faster (yes, I will pant heavily whenever the bad guys tie me up and torture me).

There has to be a quiz out there somewhere that will help me discover my innner super power. I'm going to call on my Google powers...now. SHAZZAM!: what's your superpower? and KACHAW!: what would your superpower be? See how fast I am?

Dangit. My superpower is "Super Strength" - like He-Man - and my superpower would be "Animal Wrangler". Great. I can move mountains and talk to the animals. Why do I always end up looking like a hippie? I think I'll cultivate my own uban superhero personna.

So, Valentine? What's your superhero?

No comments: