Saturday, November 19, 2005

"Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down!"



Did any of you grow up with weeble wobbles? I did. They were my favourite toys. And they got along famously with my acorn people - Weebles were anglos, and acorns were francophones (obviously: acorn stems are natural tams). I remember giving the little guys baths. Then this rot would grow in between their plastic casings and their cardboard faces, turning them into mutants (maybe why I'm so fond of the Alien series).

Well, they've come back... and they're just not the same. In the good old days, they were egg-shaped, now they are these gawdy plastic-faced McDondald's gifts. And there's no plastic casing! They're nothing without those casings... nothing.

Whoah! I'm getting to the age where I can finally say "It's just not like the good 'ole days, bah!" I am now off to enjoy my new-found curmudgeonly ways... and gather acorns. I'm suddenly feeling crafty.

No comments: