Thursday, November 17, 2005

Dear Bacovegetarian

Dear Bacovegetarian,

I am a 30 year old woman who has been single for over a year now, and
I need some advice. Now, I'm not looking for the Dear Abby style of
advice, I'm looking for some pearls of wisdom from a man who is a
self-proclaimed guilty meat-sneaking vegetarian. Feel free to get off
topic whenever you like.

Why am I coming to you for advice? Well, you have consistently
provided me chicken nuggets of wisdom - and that's the kind of wisdom
this ghetto bitch needs.

(Did you know that their chicken nuggets are infused with beef fat;
their "shakes", with chicken lard? Now that's bacovegetarianism to the
extreme. But I'm getting off topic.)

Here's the thing: I live in a major urban centre that is just too damn
small, and I am finding that my sex, er, six degrees of separation
have whittled down to about two. And in a town like this, that's just
too narrow a dating margin ... "we can't keep meeting like this,
really... no, really. No, I'm not being nice. I mean it: we have to
stop meeting like this".

I know that moving to another city and starting afresh, is really the
only complete solution to my problem, but that's not currently an
option. So, how can I turn my dating pond into a lake? How can I
recover those lost four degrees?

Please Bacovegetarian. You're my only hope. The Last Ghetto Bitch
Standing - the queen of single, the Violette le Duc of Vancouver,
the expert third wheel - needs your advice.

Here's to restating the public/private divide,
Violet

1 comment:

Steve Shapero said...

My advice to you girls who don't want to be committed but want some love and attention: leave your mind behind! out of the brain and onto the street. go outside and play and pound the thought out of yourself.