Monday, June 12, 2006

Car slut: Are you tired of feeling tired?

Who is this guy? Well, he could be my ex... a couple of years from now. Or, he could be Terry Daun, the hip new rock 'n' rave star moving up the charts like a bat out of inspirational house music.

Ah yeah. Just Get Up!

Terry has a message in his music; it's rather subtle so listen close kids: When you're feeling down, and you want to Get Up! Just Get Up! Take some weight off your shoulder... only you can make the mo-ove, so make it now.. and get on with your groove. Shake of the old self and put on the new-ew self. Pick your self up off the floor. Comon' everyone. Are you ready to make that choice? Let's do it!

This man is motivating me as I type.

Actually, I am feeling rather inspired these days. It's been a slow, up-the-mental-hill battle to do things. A few month ago, I started out adding one difficult and one fun task per week; last month I got it to one difficult and one fun task per day; now I can do a couple of difficult and fun things all in one day. It's a miracle of miracles. Gheesh. Who knew that a multi-task breakdown could take so long to repair. Should've changed my work oil years ago. It really gummed up the system.

Feeling motivated yesterday, I not only finished reading Madam Bovary for book club, I also got my ass off the Internet and joined the Co-operative Auto Network. (Oksana: you have a $20 dollar "friend recommend" credit coming to you.)

What does this mean for me? Well, to cite my new friend Terry, it means I can now "shake off the old self, and put on the ne-ew-ew self". I can drive to Ikea and buy 1,000 candles or, Costco to download 10,000 raw almonds. I can Get Up! off this faux peninsula thing called "Downtown Vancouver" and head into the mountains. Och! the possibilities are endless. I can also rent a van to move my life-in-boxes next month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, bless your heart Violet Chrome! Those are some very kind words. It feels good to know that my music is reaching folks. I would love to do a show in Vancouver some day and get out of the Phoenix HEAT. I am currently signed with www.AdamKnightMusicGroup.com for radio promotions of "Get Up!". He is also handling my international bookings. It could happen. I also have a new album I've just finished called "Taking Flight". It has 10 instrumentals designed to take you places and move you physically and 8 songs to guide and tell a story.

Thank you again, Violet Chrome.

Terry Daun
www.terrydaunmusic.com