Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Delicious nothing sandwich

What did I do last weekend? So kind of you to ask.

I did nothing. Glorious nothing.

My weekend was one tasty "nothing sandwich".

Let me give you the recipe:

Bread: On Friday I got myself a cheap bottle of wine and a slice of pizza and dragged my processed food items and computer into my room, shut the door and proceeded to watch three hours of MI5. It's just good and bad enough to watch when you are dead beat tired.

Meat: Saturday night I checked out the Junior Boys' early show. (You can listen to some of their songs here.) They're smart, gang-of-four boys who play solid electronic beats for flocks of seagulls. What a trip hearing a contemporary band mashing and recombing sounds from your youth. A heady brew indeed.

Mayo: After the show and some greasy food and strong martinis, Heidi Lament and I trucked off to Commercial drive to demolish a house with the lord of the dance. Thanks Golden Ears for helping me cut a good rug.

Bread: Um. I watched the remaining MI5 episode and finished reading Guy Gavriel Kay's recent historical fantasy, The Last Light of the Sun. Screw being a warrior princess. I want to be Cyngael warrior who calls vikings and wolf dogs friends.

I know it sounds lame, but I feel totally refreshed for having savoured my nothing sandwich all weekend long. Now that I've got the recipe down, I'm thinking about adding veggies... nah.

No comments: