Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Vive l'art

I love you. and what's wrong with that. i'd like to know. 'cause here I go again.

I professionally framed my art! This must mean that I'm all grow'd up. Well, save for the fact that I don't own any new furniture or a car. And I live in a garage carriage house that doesn't have a bathroom sink. So, save for these minor GBS things, I have fucking awesome art on my wall. I'm all fucking grow'd up, dammit.

Whose art is on my walls, you wonder? My charming ex-roomates'. Back in the hazy days of glory that was the 69 Pender Art Gallery, they showed a series of screen prints that melded the spirit of the '68 student revolution with the vapid lyrics of the Wings song "Silly Love Songs", which was written in the same year.

A simple yet poignant statement, non?

No comments: