Saturday, February 03, 2007

I want a Joy Collective


It's been a while since I posted. In fact, my digital diary has been running amuck in my head too long.

I want a Joy Collective within Violet's City of Memory.

I mean, when is the last time you felt real joy? I take a poll with people now and again. And I don't always hear that it was all that recently.
J-O-Y
Ya, No. Not the earnest crappy wank-fest forced-fun kind.
I'm talking about that joy that comes with feeling the wind in your hair riding bikes down back alleys of foreign streets, drinking from fresh water streams, snoozing in a mid-day hammock under a palapa by the beach, drinking vino with cool fucking friends in a late-night bistro.

We have these big long lives to sort it all out...stages and ages to make our way through, neuroses to climb out of, stands to sit in and watch from for a while. Fights to win. Battles to lose. But what about that which makes us giggle,frolick, wrestle, feel free and thankful and full - of snarky, silly, smart - stuff?
Sometimes it just takes too much energy. I know. But there are times when it feels in line.

I want to plug into the joy-channel for a while.

No comments: