Monday, July 11, 2005

Champagne and karaoke

Last week was beyond busy. The Ninja disappeared for five days, literally and figuratively, to deal with a heartbreaking crisis. I, meanwhile, was trapped for two of those days in an utterly fucking useless company seminar, frustrated by my inability to help him. Saturday I had a freelance corporate shoot that went off fine, but it involved a load of prep, lots of client handholding, and I had a killer hangover.

Thank god for the bright spots: hanging with the girls Friday night for a stagette of Chambar, champagne, and (for the chicks who didn't have to get up the next morning for a shoot, anyway) karaoke.

stagette

Best of all was having the Ninja crawl through my bedroom window at 8 am Sunday morning, post-stag, stinking like a brewery, alive, beautiful, back again.

No comments: